There are probably many ways to get a small inflatable boat up off the garage floor, so here’s our way.
 I went online and ordered a hoist system for a bicycle.  One that had two pulleys and enough rope to make it all work right.
After finding a good location in our garage, I then got up on a ladder and located the wood beams.
Then I acquired 4 each 3” wood screws and two wood blocks that were 2”x4”x10” to hold up the pulleys.  After positioning our Sea Eagle SE-8 where I wanted to rope to hang down, I then put the blocks on the wood beams and marked hole positions. After drilling holes into the blocks and the beams, I then secured both Pulleys to the ceiling with the 3” bolts and threaded the rope across both of them so that the hooks and strap would hang exactly over the area on our boat where I wanted them to be.
All we do now is wrap the straps around our Sea Eagle and hoist it up off the garage floor.  You can easily do this yourself and it will give you a little more space to clean, walk under or just have it hanging around until you’re ready to use it.  The video shows how the hoist works so take a look and you will see "how to make a hoist for inflatable boats!
Visit here for some great videos & stories!

           

No comments:

Post a Comment