Bugs don’t bug me no more!
Coghlans Bug Pants

I bought the small (I'm 5 ft and 110 pounds), so I worried it would be too big. I wore it outside my shorts and it was fine. The ties at the waist and ankles have an adjustable elastic cord, so there's no issue with the legs dragging on the ground. The fine mesh partially blocks the breeze, so it is hotter than bare skin. But at the same time, it's easy protection when you're only going to be outside for a brief time or if you're not sure whether mosquitoes will be a problem or not. Although I've found a natural mosquito repellent I like a lot (Liquid Net), I don't always want to take the 10 minutes it takes to fully spray myself and wait for it to dry... especially if we're camping and I've just showered and am only going outside for a few minutes. The mesh also serves as light sun protection if you're caught without sunscreen.

Yes, it looks a little weird, but so what? I'm surprised more people don't wear these. I sure could have used them when we went to Collier Seminole State Park in the summer (I know--what were we thinking?) when the mosquitoes almost carried me away! It works, it's lightweight to carry when you're not wearing it, and the price is well worth it (thank you, Coghlan!).

I have to mention that the first pair I received had about 4 small holes in it. I submitted a replacement request through Amazon and received the replacement pants very quickly... and no holes! So if that happens to you, don't despair. Now I have to order the Coghlan Bug Jacket to be totally protected.  Basically, "bugs don't bug me no more" and I'm happy for that!

Please come visit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment